Procurement Direcotr (M/F)
The new Head of Procurement is an exciting opportunity to work in a global business. The person in this position will manage the whole procurement department in an international company,
Our Client is an international company from manufacturing sector that is expanding the business . Due to internal growth in Poland, the company is seeking for a Procurement Director that sticks to facts and is able to lead a team. The working environment is fast growing and international what makes the job quite challenging, but at the same time, creates great opportunity to personal development.
- In relationship with the Group Purchasing department and General Manager, participation in defining the group purchasing strategy,
- Supervision and coordination of all purchasing process,
- Searching for alternative suppliers in low cost countries based on their quality service, prices and delivery time for 2 locations
- Suppliers supervision and their periodical assessment,
- Negotiations with suppliers in order to obtain the most sufficient conditions,
- Responsibility for the contracts preparation with suppliers, checking from the legal point of view,
- Preparation and development of savings policies,
- Managing of Purchasing department,
- Responsibility for P&L achievement.
- Engineer or equivalent level with preferred technical background, or business/commercial background in 2nd option
- Purchasing training of equivalent 1 year at school or after school, or during the professional life. Purchasing training can be via purchasing significant experience in car industry or similar activities in a well structured and organised company where candidate has learned and practised all possible purchasing tools and levers,
- Minimum 7 to 10 years working experience, including 5 years experience minimum in purchasing and in international business. Other experiences can be in Quality, Project, … departments. Experience in Project business ( and not only in serie/components business) is a big advantage.
- Purchasing experience shall be at a level of commodity buyer with sourcing out of Poland and out of Europe, and ideally in a big International group,
- Management experience: minimum 3 years experience as Purchasing Manager . Experience in Commodity Management is also an advantage.
- Shall manage in direct line around 10 people in 2 sites.
- Speak Polish, speak fluent (very comprehensive at least) English and write comprehensive English,
- Knowledge of purchasing tools and levers
- Ability to travel frequently (each month minimum) to Europe.
- Interesting job for a global leader in the industry,
- Outstanding opportunities to develop in international structures of the company.
- Competetive salary package