Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80
countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for
People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations
to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell's global businesses, providing
an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a
supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six
Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work
with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well
as advanced financial operations.
Team Manager- Retailer Billing
Work Location: Kraków
| Job Purpose: |
Global Billing Operations in Finance Operations performs Bill to Cash activities supporting various Shell businesses including Retail, Commercial Fleet, Aviation among others. As a global team operating out of 2 main hubs in SBO Manila and Krakow, we manage over USD100b of annual sales with over USD40b in working capital for Shell. Our process aims for flawless delivery, continuously improved cash and cost as well as customer experience.
In relation to embedding full accountability for Retailer Billing process from Downstream Marketing Finance to Finance Operations, this new position in Finance Operations is created. The Team Manager position will lead the Retailers Billing operations for CEE supporting Retail business in delivering World Class process performance in achieving business objectives measured through transparent E2E metrics. The person will work in partnership with FO Manila Retailer Billing team for the daily execution of the transactional process and Project Manager in Retail Finance to deliver key site system replacement projects in CEE.
Retailer Billing operations team manages the daily cash flow generation and financial interaction with Retailers and Dealers, ensuring that transactional data from site is collected and interfaced to GSAP and ultimately billed to recover Shell proceeds on a daily basis . In addition to this, Retailer Billing manages the Real Estate elements of rent payments and collections, financial Wet Stock (HM) posting and management of month end processes.
This role acts as Cluster Retailers Billing Lead in CEE, attending leadership meetings and senior business engagements in aligning priorities, driving change agenda, collaborating to capitalise on business opportunities and improving business/process performance. It holds a critical integrator role in connecting all Retailers related activities in Billing Operations, including Real Estate elements of rent settlements, financial WetStock reconciliation and accounting, and ensure E2E efficiency and effectiveness working across boundaries with stakeholders within and outside of FO/SBO.
To ensure the planning and delivery of Retailers Billing Operations activities for respective market/cluster and aligning changes in retail offerings with related E2E processes. To ensure all activities are delivered to required qualitative standards and to agreed timelines as well as to act as a first point of process escalation for all issues relating to these markets.
- Lead Retailers Billing Operations for respective market/cluster and collaborate with all stakeholders, including discuss future Retail offering and ensure alignment for E2E processes working closely with Retail, OTD, OTC and FO functional teams.
- Through strong partnership with Retailer Billing team in Manila and Project Manager in CEE Retail Finance, deliver strategic improvements to achieve world class efficiency and effectiveness; operationalise delivery of process ambitions and commitments.
- Role model and cultivate CI behaviours; drive standardisation, simplification and end-to-end streamlining of processes. Provide regular and proactive reporting on CI opportunities and Issue Resolutions and supporting process development for the market represented.
- Ensure robust risk and control framework built upon effective periodic review, flawless execution of controls and compliance initiatives and best in class control performance. Act as business owner of local controls framework. Ensure appropriate business controls are in place. Support any audit and investigative review of the assigned market(s).
- Foster environment that encourages Learning from Incidents, best practice/knowledge sharing within and across teams supported by comprehensive root causes analysis and sustainable solutions implementation. Ensure all process issues impacting their market are promptly remediated and that business and functional stakeholders are engaged and satisfied.
- Ensure sensible adherence to the fundamentals of standard accounting principles, policies and standards
- Effective delivery of global or regional mandated change agenda and projects, including local retailers activities . Ensure stakeholders requirements are understood and aligned.
- Embed Process Capabilities agenda encompassing robust competency framework and assessment process, learning and development programs as well as knowledge management standards. Develop greater understanding of business/market(s) in the team. Ensure process documentation including WIs are updated and retained.
- Maintain optimal organization structure and consistently deliver quality performance within budget
- Ensure staff is engaged and aligned with organisational priorities
- World Class People – building and sustaining high performing culture
- Responsible for resource planning and management encompassing right recruitment, transition management, talent development and succession planning
- Role model and embed Leaders Developing Leaders and Supervisors Expectations
- Coach and develop leaders/ talents and experts in the team
- Effective performance management and appraisal across all levels, with regular constructive feedback
Strategic and operational steer and initiative execution as a member of Retailers Billing Operations and LOTCC teams. Through associated networks, develop further on management insights and leadership attributes.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Experience and Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and coach for high quality and sustainable performance and to build support around strategic directions
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to understand end-to-end business processes
- Ability to develop understanding of customer/stakeholder needs with effective engagement skills
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintains work-life balance for self and the teams
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or closely related major
- 5+ years of work experience in various financial positions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Experienced in GSAP
- Knowledge and experiences in DS Marketing/Retail and/or OTC processes would be an added advantage
- Ability to speak local language in any of the CEE countries is preferred (Russia, Bulgaria, CZ/SK, Hungary) on top of Poland.
- Strong work ethics
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world's biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects