Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80
countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for
People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations
to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell's global businesses, providing
an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a
supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six
Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work
with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well
as advanced financial operations.
Senior Business Performance Reporting Specialist
Work Location: Kraków
| IG SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (LNG-OE METRICS) |
Delivery of business reporting cycles, providing clear and articulate commentary to senior decision makers regarding the underlying business results. Delivery of the Business Plan, comprising the long-term Strategic Plan with Plan Updates, and the Operating Plan and appraisals.
The Business Analyst will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for compiling the reporting, planning and performance appraisal submissions for Integrated Gas business of Shell (IG). He or she will be working closely with functional stakeholders LoB PAR teams to achieve this goal, needing to understand their issues, constructively challenge their inputs and together deliver a high-quality submission.
Individually, this position will have responsibility for a wide variety of deliverables related to the reporting, planning and appraisal process. This role will provide input and advice directly and/or indirectly to Senior leaders in the organization.
- Contribute to preparation of the annual Business Plan and related assessments together to ensure a robust submission, including operational, economic and financial KPIs.
- Contribute to preparation of performance overviews and appraisals for a specific KPI for IG business (LNG, Operational Excellence Metrics and GTL/SME).
- Ensuring that all the assigned KPIs (LNG, Operational Excellence Metrics and GTL) are well analyzed and explained in management information packs delivered on a regular basis (Monthly, Quarterly).
- Calculation and in-depth analysis of the LNG Delivered volumes for the IG portfolio and reporting the same on the quarterly basis to Group and the IR.
- Ensure FYLE IG PAR end to end process (as a process lead from FO) is performed on timely basis and work collaboratively with IG PAR team to run the FYLE process efficiently.
- Resolving reporting issues and providing steers on financial queries on the assigned KPIs.
- Adhoc analysis for leadership teams, including insights on financials/results, Money left on the table (MLOT) for LNG assets etc. for the IG portfolio.
- Providing reports/slides related to performance of specific KPI in Quarterly MI (RAC, QFD and QRA) to Group Reporting and IR team.
- To work closely with Production Excellence Team to deepen the understanding on the reasons behind the monthly movements of the LNG/ Operational Excellence(OE)/ GTL KPI for each of the assets in the IG portfolio.
- Provide insightful analysis which incorporates external perspective - to support decision-making and drive the performance improvement agenda on the assigned KPI to Senior leaders in the organization.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders, to deepen team's understanding of underlying issues within the Plan/actuals on the assigned KPI/LoB.
- Where relevant coach other team members in areas of expertise.
- The team should balance inputs from many stakeholders into a consistent on-time delivery of high quality MI and business plan to the IG senior leadership team.
- The nature of the process can result in periods of high workload and all team members are expected to contribute and demonstrate flexibility, so that all key milestones are met, and deliverables submitted.
- The sensitivity of working with most confidential, market-sensitive data.
This position is ideally suited for people with leadership skills with a robust analytical background who would like to influence decision making and the performance management agenda in Shell
- University degree in a finance related discipline with preference for a professional qualification and/or certification like CA, CFA, CIMA an MBA, etc.)
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport;
- Excellent communication skills, clarity of thought and ability to translate complex raw data into simple, powerful and easy to communicate key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Evidence of external focus and understanding of the energy industry, competitors, suppliers and markets is helpful
- Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- Exposure or experience with continuous improvement (especially Lean) is welcomed
Excellent IT skills (Power point, Excel, Word, Management information systems).
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world's biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects